The Raiders March... J. Williams VS N. Raine

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jun from adsl-64-172-91-114.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (64.172.91.114) on Monday, January 27, 2003 at 1:48pm :

IMO the Raiders March on the RotLA score is the best of all three. Now of the four, Nic Raine's is second for me. Almost as powerful as the RotLA version with a little more reverb. Actaully all the tracks have more reverb compared to the original scores. The only thing that bothered me was that the orchestra seemed to have rushed some parts and at the key change I think they got excitedbecause it seemed like they were going to lose control. Also with the increased reverb, the 5 sixteenth notes at the end, before the flute closing, almost sounded like 2 quarter notes. I did not completely listen to the whole CD yet but I am enjoying this album. Second favorite track is the Map Room: Dawn. The choir has more presence than compared to the RotLA version. I would recommend this CD. Nothing really different to the originals. Just a tad more reverb, couple of different accents here and there, and a stronger presence of certain instruments on certain parts. but this review was mainly comparing the 2 marches. More to come.

Best Regards,
Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com