So much for that "Not intending to be a scam artist" thing, I guess(nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndyCoil from dialup-216-19-8-23.az.commspeed.net (216.19.8.23) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 0:26am :

In Reply to: this seller can't be serious posted by Donovan from mail.bauerpublishing.com (209.178.193.64) on Monday, January 27, 2003 at 5:59pm :

: according to his description the piece was recovered in May 2002 - this would be more than 20 years after the filming took place! I seriously doubt that after 20 years you could just head on over to Tunisia and find leftovers just lying around.

: But ignoring that for a moment and saying that it might be possible - the seller claims it's 'This is guaranteed to be a 100% authentic piece of the Flying Wing, and the winning bidder will be provided with photos of myself visiting the sites and obtaining the pieces to authenticate it.'

: Pictures of some guy picking up trash in the desert does not an authentication make. If it truly is the real deal he should be able to provide a COA from a reliable source.

: FURTHERMORE - check his other auctions, this 'krayt dragon bone' from Star Wars looks just like the piece of the Flying Wing!

: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=3308230354

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com