a tale of 2 Belloqs

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from ool-4353d78a.dyn.optonline.net (67.83.215.138) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 7:39am :

In Reply to: Re: Indy collectors' Holy Grail posted by Blue Coyote from cache-mtc-ak02.proxy.aol.com (64.12.96.199) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 0:00am :

here's the story behind the Belloq you found and the one I posted the link to:

Originally Belloq in Ceremonial Robe was available as a mail away offer, he came through the post in a small white box. Around this same time the Indy toy line began to fail (for more info, if you want, there's a history of the Kenner Indy line in Toyfair #2 that i could scan or transcribe...). But before Kenner cancelled the line they produced about 12 carded Belloq in Ceremonial Robe that thy displyed at the NYC Toy Fair (in I think 1983) and gave to Kenner salespeople as sales samples. The carded version never went into mass production making it limited and valuable.

$8000 valuable? Maybe if I had more money than I knew what to do with. Like Vogel said, it's a better deal than $15000 but to me it just becomes a matter of 'before it was astronomically expensive, now it's merely unbelievably expensive'

: : the carded sales sample Kenner Belloq in Ceremonial Robe is on auction at ebay. Have a look!

: i found this in ebay too. not certain .... looks like its jst beloq without the package

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com