Re: Ahhhhh...back in the day.....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 at 4:15am :

In Reply to: Ahhhhh...back in the day..... posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-024-107.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.24.107) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 at 2:32am :

: I actually have all of the roleplaying stuff, including the darn conversion book for the craptacular west end games version.

: Back in junior high school me and the boys'd play the old TSR game when we wanted a break from D&D....

: Jimmie

I have all of the West End Games vesrsion Indy stuff, but I have yet to get my hands on the TSR version.

When the West End Games version of Indy was introduced, all the games in that company's line (except for Star Wars) was running the Masterbook system, which IMO was a pretty well-detailed but way too cumbersome system for an Indiana Jones game.

Fortunately, though, halfway through the Indiana Jones line's run, West End Games switched all of its games from the Masterbook system to the D6 system, which was a much better fit for a fast-paced Indiana Jones game.

That's why you'll see the earlier half of the books in the Indiana Jones line listed with Masterboook stats and the latter half of the books with D6 stats included (as well as Masterbook-to-D6 conversion instructions at the end of the books).

How was the TSR version of Indy? Was it fun to play as well?

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com