TSR Version as opposed to WEG Version...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-024-107.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.24.107) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 at 3:10pm :

In Reply to: Re: Ahhhhh...back in the day..... posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Thursday, January 30, 2003 at 4:15am :

Yeah, I knew about the conversion for the WEG stuff...they released a book (don't have it out - something about the orient) that was the stepping stone for the total conversion. I only played the WEG game a few times, didn't much care for it, and never went back.

HOWEVER, the TSR version rocked!! The system was a boiled down version od the d&d rules, with a rather strange, but kind of cool, graph system for the fighting, chasing, etc...made for some VERY fast games - not SHORT fast, but crazy hang onto your hat fast.

A very cool aspect to the TSR stuff was the inclusion of cut out tagboard figures, vehicles, etc. All to scale with one another. So Jock's (paper) biplane could have the small paper figures actually sit in it. AND I have the Temple of Doom recreated on these paper sets too. Every module and suppliment came with these built in kits. Pretty cool stuff!! Somewhere around here I still have all of the stuff I built from these "kits", along with at least one of each item made for the system in mint cond.....one of the best finds I have had was the Metal Minitures set they produced....it came out before crusade, so they only included figures from the first two films....but man were those bastards fun to paint!!

Anyway...

I've rattled on long enough...

jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: