Re: color of jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from 24.4.254.97 on January 10, 1999 at 22:23:34:

In Reply to: color of jacket posted by Azuma on January 08, 1999 at 20:05:32:

: Hi every one:

: I always think about is the color of wested jacket as same as the one in the movie? Coz' it appearance more lighter than we got from wested in the three movies and I have been wearing it over a year but the only thing has changed on the jacket is to get glossy. Do you think that they used different material or color to make the jacket for the movie?

: Best regards,

: Azuma

I've heard from many sources, that the color of clothing is altered by the filming process. For example, costume designers don't like to use certain shades of purple because this color has a tendency to come out looking blue on camera. When I went to a Star Wars convention last year, there was a guy there who was a professional prop builder who had made a number of authentic looking Boba Fett costumes (even Lucasfilm thought they were some of their's). He mentioned that the jumpsuit worn by Fett is actually a blue steel color, not the gray that shows up in the film (actually, the real color does show up in ESB in many shots). Another thing you must remember is that the jacket was distressed for the film, which would naturally lighten the jacket. I'm sure most of the difference is caused by the degradation of the leather, and that your jacket will undergo the same effect over time, provided you use it heavily.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]