I've almost worn it out already!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from mail.bauerpublishing.com (209.178.193.64) on Monday, February 10, 2003 at 3:35pm :

In Reply to: Donovan - get the demo yet? posted by Sean from proxy.cogeco.net (216.221.81.97) on Monday, February 10, 2003 at 2:55pm :

Hey Sean, I got it - I finally found the Xbox magazine on my way home from work Friday night - I stopped in 2 Barnes & Nobles, one Funco, one Software Etc, 2 newsstands and a CVS before in a last ditch effort I finally found it at Blockbuster. (and on top of that my girlfriend checked a Barnes & Noble and Electronics Boutique without luck)

As an aside, I really love the Medal Of Honor series of games. The developers imbued those games with so much atmosphere and attention to detail - since the first Medal of Honor came out (and especially after Infernal Machine) and because Raiders is my favorite movie I kept hoping that that kind of care would be put into an Indy game.

I think the game is going to be great, I must have played the demo level 3 dozen times since Friday. The setting is a little "been there done that" (mostly because so many games have been influenced the Indy movies) but the music and sound is great and the action feels authentic to the movies. I am so glad there is real movie quality music in the game and not the weird casio keyboard style music they used in Infernal Machine (disgraceful!) the whip and gun sound effects are great, and though at first I was a little bothered by the voice acting for Indy, now I think it's pretty good.

What really impressed me though was the range of moves, especially during fights, that are pure Indy - he does all sorts of moves that I recognize from the movies (like the punch he does with 2 hands together - a move he uses against the Giant Thugee and the German Mechanic - and when he does a running jump which reminds me of him jumping the pit in the Temple of The Fertility Idol) and I'm still finding new moves. Of course he has some new fighting moves that aren't straight from the movies but are still pretty cool, speaking of which - have you seen him do the move where he stops a punch by grabbing the poacher's fist and then kicks him in the crotch? And the headlock/punch in the face move he does? I can't wait for the moment in the game where there will be a big brawl a la the bazaar in Raiders.

My only complaint is that I think the demo level is short and not all that danger-filled but after all it is just a demo. Mostly it just makes me count down the days until the 25th...

Have you played the Buffy game The Collective did for Xbox?

: Just curious what you thought of it?

: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com