Gridley, the natives are getting restless!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steppenwolf from ? (12.164.76.253) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 1:22pm :

In Reply to: My Two Cents... posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 12:56pm :

: This is definitely going to be the best Indy game to date, and appears to be a vast improvement over the tedious Infernal Machine. I assume the demo is taken from the game's first level. If so, it's a nice introduction- a good mix of fistfights, gunfights, and several pits/traps to jump.

: One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that you can actually control the swing when Indy uses his whip- rather than it simply being a quick animation. (Speaking of the whip, it's also very cool to watch Indy crack it around his head to keep enemies away.)

: The sound is extrememly good, and is actually better than the graphics. Birds flutter away at Indy's approach, drums beat sporadically, and the score perfectly accentuates everything. For example, during the demo's final gunfight, I was knocked back into the water by a shotgun blast. As Indy began the climb back, the theme started to kick in, as if Indy had finally had enough.

: Indy losing his hat is a nice touch, although I was hoping to hear the strains of the famous theme once I finally reclaimed it. I'm not too crazy about the way Indy runs, but it's a great touch to hear him out of breath afterwards. And we already knew about Indy in the white tux, but the magazine reveals he can also don a nazi uniform. Nice.

: Judging from the trailer, they've managed to incorporate the supernatural without resorting to the type of nonsense boss fights that were included in Infernal Machine. In fact, much of it seemed to be in the spirit of the old Indy comics, such as Indy fighting a strongman or encountering a giant squid!

Any game that features tom-toms can't be bad.
Cheers,
--S

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com