I'm still trying to wash the taste of the Sega Genesis games out of my mouth.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2ivev8l.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.125.21) on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 7:04am :

In Reply to: What does YOUR dream Indy game entail? posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 9:48am :

I do not mean to imply that I ever placed my Sega Genesis games in my mouth, of course. That would void the warranty, no doubt. But those games were abominations. They're even sitting there, right now, in front of my TV staring at me. (I keep my Genesis hooked up; ten years later and I still can't stop playing Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold) The Last Crusade game was the worst. Indy could actually RUN OUT OF WHIP. No lie. After about five or six bad-guy whippings, he'd have to get a new whip! And the Young Indy game was the worst (wait a minute...Didn't I already say that?). When Indy fell down, he made this ridiculous Jerry Lewis-esque noise that had me laughing hysterically and grinding my teeth at the same time! Meanwhile, Infernal Machine had the "meh" factor going for it. As in, "Meh...this game's not TOO bad." Sometimes I'd be playing it and I'd realize Hey! Indiana Jones is in this game! That realization often carved precious minutes off my life.
So I'm hoping that Emperor's Tomb will be my video game savior. I want atmospheric music that changes with scenes, I want neato lighting effects, I want Indy head-butting guys and kicking them and losing his hat, etc. Looks like I won't be disappointed.
-graml
PS And since I just finished Vice City, I'm ready for a new challenge, Mr. Lucas!
PPS I don't mean Mr. Lucas from Grace Brothers, by the way. I'd prefer Mrs. Slocum. Va va va voom!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com