Re: What does YOUR dream Indy game entail?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben Friend of Indy from 12-220-64-210.client.insightBB.com (12.220.64.210) on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 10:35am :

In Reply to: What does YOUR dream Indy game entail? posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 9:48am :

: Hey:

: Thought this might be a cool thread, to fill the hours while we wait (sorry, months for the PS2 owners) for Emperor's Tomb.

: Personally, I think all of the elements are in place now for a real kick ass "Raiders" game. I think the plot of "Raiders" lends itself to a game, considering that the last two Indy games have sort of gone that route anyway. Obviously things would have to be mixed up and some liberties taken, or it would be a real short game for anyone that's seen the movie more than once...

: BUT - imagine playing through The Well Of Souls...or the Map Room, with a countdown; get that Staff in the right place before the sun comes in or the Ratzi's catch you...imagine the desert truck chase with today's graphic capabilities...

: Man, I drool just thinking about it...

: BTW - COMPLETELY off topic, just downloaded the non-Phil Spectorized "Let It Be" and it is a gem; can't wait for the "official" release...

Okay, it would be similar to "Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures" (I still play and enjoy that game). Basics:Good graphics, Indy atmosphere, good gameplay. Now for the more detailed stuff. Cut scenes (scenes from the movies) between scenes would be fine. Action Levels I would like are:Hovito Temple, Running from the Hovitos, Bar Shootout (dude, that would be SO much fun!), Cairo Market scene (you have to fight the swordsmen AND try to follow Marion),Airplane Fight (boss), Desert Chase, Sub Base, Club Obi Wan, Shanghai Street Chase, Slalom on Mount Humol, Fighting the Thuggee in Indy's room (boss), Fighting the Guys in the temple when Indy wakes, Mine Cart Chase, maybe something with the water, cliffs and Bridge Climax (boss), the whole Young Indy adventure, Motorboats, Castle Brunwald, okay, I'm getting tired of this, you get the idea. There would be some exploratory and puzzle-solving levels, too, such as the "Bug Tunnel," etc. Maybe play as some other characters. Appropriate music from the film. You get the deal. Thank you for bearing the rambling.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com