Holy Greedo-fodder!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip239-s0.inetnorth.net on January 11, 1999 at 18:16:53:

In Reply to: Re: Star Wars Following posted by Anejo Joe on January 11, 1999 at 16:28:38:

: : : Star Wars has/had it all - including Indy masquerading as Han Solo. I believe however, that Indy fans aren't quite as creepy and nausia inducing as the majority of Star Wars fanATICS.
: : : Live Long and..OOOPPS ER I mean May the Schwarz be... dammit I mean Force..oh just forget it Regards,
: : : Groo

: : I agree that the majority of Star Wars fans are pretty bizarre, not all of them- I've been one since the start, but I don't center my whole existence around it. Proof I am not a Star Wars geek-
: :
: : #1. I have never had any problems with females.
: : #2. I do not carry a backpack around everywhere(I don't even own one).
: : #3. I do not sleep in a race car bed.
: : #4. I moved out of my parents house at 17.
: : #5. I actually liked the Special Edition more than the originals.

: : These people are probably the reason why Harrison Ford made the claim that he hated Star Wars. Of course Star Trek fanatics are a bit worse, at a local convention, groups of fans dressed as Klingons, and fans dressed in Federation clothes, actually got into a fist fight with each other, now THAT is nausea inducing! It's nice to see that there is a fan base out there(Indy) that appears within the limits of sanity, at least I assume this is right!

: : Mark

:
: DO you know that there is (or at least was) a Klingon camp for a two weeks session in the summer, where you could live and dress as a Klingon, and even learn a 2000 word Klingon vocabulary? Why? Anyway Spaceballs was better.

I was a Trekker myself for a while, mostly when I was in grades 5 and 6. I watch the Star Wars movies, and yes, I thought Spaceballs rocked. I have a couple of the posters, a couple models (including the Falcon, I mean it was Ford's ship) But COME ON, there are limits. Ok, I'll admit, I wear the Indy hat, and I have a whip. But I don't plan on spending my entire life savings filling my room with Indy memorabelia. Even if I did, Indy is a bit more respectable and mature than Star Wars. I mean, he actually a) gets shot and b) is on planet earth.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]