Re: How ironic.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, February 21, 2003 at 2:42pm :

In Reply to: How ironic. posted by graml from user-2iveu8l.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.121.21) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 3:11pm :

: Microsoft, eh? I guess he already has plenty of experience when it comes to crashing. Ha ha! I'm a one man laff riot.
: Ahem...He's got an AVG P-40? That is sweet. How sweet? Sweet enough for me to almost use a swear word in this post to upgrade the sweetness level. Oh, the P-40 was an unimpressive; slow, ungainly, a bad climb rate. But dang it all if she wasn't beautiful.
: I'd be impressed if his little aeronautical menagerie included a P-39 Airacobra. She was a weak US entry like the P-40, but an undeniably beautiful aircraft.
: Thanks for the link, Inbanana!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many people forget that the P-40 along with the Navy Wildcat saved our bacon during the beginning of the war. They were all we had. The AVG shot down many more Japanese Zero's for every P-40 shot down. If you had enough time to gain altitude, the P-40 could almost outdive anything. In level flight the P-40 was also a tad faster than the Zero. The P-40's would just dive on Zero's and if they missed they would just use their diving speed to gain altitude and try again. They were very effective. The Wildcat had a 7.9 to 1 kill ratio. I'll say no more about it. The P-39 was not an effective fighter simply because she wasn't designed as a fighter. She was designed for ground attack. We gave them to the Russians and they loved them. They also used them for what they were intended for, ground attack. Cheers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com