Re: Indy ride dangerous?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip224-s15.inetnorth.net on January 11, 1999 at 20:21:36:

In Reply to: Indy ride dangerous? posted by Aimee on January 11, 1999 at 19:52:30:

: Did anyone see that story on "Extra" about the lady who received brain damage after getting off the Indy ride in Disneyland? She claims she felt perfectly fine before the ride and when she got off, she wasnt. She ended up going to the hospital and had 4 brain surgeries.They say the ride shook her head too much and caused some sort of scratch on the brain. She's suing Disney. They have also claimed Disney had received other letters about injuries caused by the Indy ride.
: I found the Indy ride to be the best amusement ride ever made....I didnt find it to be shaking my head eratically, did you?
: Aimee

Can't say I did. The only way it could be is if:
1)she was headbanging to the Raiders march.
2)The strobe light somehow affected her brain, causing damage ( you are warned not to look at it anyway)
3) She decided she needed some money.
Not to make light of her ailment, but people sue people for the strangest things sometimes, and I'm inclined to doubt the sincerity of the case.
The ride was, as I figured, safe as possible (little kids were given stickers with the label "i survived the Indiana Jones ride.." ) geared for evreyone, and there were the usual "pregnant women, people with conditions..." warnings. I don't think they should be sued.

Indy causing dangerous head-damaging adventure...good rep or bad?

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]