Re: Oh no!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 5:22pm :

In Reply to: Oh no! posted by Steppenwolf from h00e0293afff3.ne.client2.attbi.com (24.61.218.52) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 2:33pm :

: Rats, I thought I clicked your NO SPOILERS post!

Hope it didn't ruin anything for you. But the opening chapter is actually the least interesting anyway!

: Anyway, how's the story? And are there (tedious) cut scenes at the beginning of each chapter?

Yes, there are cutscenes at the beginning and end of every level- but these are mostly just quick scenes of Indy entering/leaving the level. The longer cutscenes that progress the story are well-done, and are mainly just at the beginning of each new chapter.

The nice thing about the game is that you can select specific levels (as well as the longer cutscenes), as opposed to having to play all the way through a chapter again. (Of course, you have to complete the level first.)

The story itself is well-done, and they've included all of the trappings (no pun intended) of an Indy film. I'm only half-way through, but it also looks as though they've toned down the supernatural elements- which was one of the things I didn't like about stories of the previous Indy games.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com