WORD *NT*

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 6:15pm :

In Reply to: Okay, now the shorter, Non-Spoiler review... posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 1:30pm :

: Now that I've played a bit further into the game (through chapter 3), I thought I'd share some non-spoiler impressions of the game.

: Fate of Atlantis was a great computer game, Infernal Machine was a good Tomb Raider-style game, but Emperor's Tomb is a great Indiana Jones game. You basically know what to do in the game, because you've seen the films. If there's something that catches your eye when you enter a level, you pretty much know Indy's going to end up desecrating...er, utilizing it.

: There are even moments where you can make things easier on yourself by taking a cue from Ford and avoiding a drawn out fistfight. If a nazi's standing near a ledge, Indy can just shove him over. If several enemies just entered the room, Indy can use his whip to slide down a nearby cable to the next roof.

: Also, the level designs are pretty inventive- so much so that I've sworn off using the strategy guide for fear of learning Indy's next destination too soon.

: However, I have noticed quite a bit of slowdown, sometimes when things happen very fast (such as Indy crashing into a room and attacking an enemy). There has also been occasional 'stutter' on the soundtrack. These bugs will likely be ironed out when the game arrives on other systems.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com