I got it! I got it!! (Few Spoilers)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tyree from cache-rp07.proxy.aol.com (152.163.189.172) on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 2:16pm :

I finally was able to find a copy of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb! Like everyone else has previously posted, the game is great! The locations are done very nicely, and if you look closely, the "background matte" type paintings (way off in the distance) are beautifully rendered... you can even see the sunlight glinting off of the waves and currents of far off bodies of water! Stunning! Like everyone else, my only complaint is the stutter of the otherwise fantastic soundtrack. The cutscenes are very nicely done as well. Here's the part with spoilers... any fans of the Indy novels will be pleased... at first thought, you might imagine that this game conflicts with the overall Indy storyline, but although I'm not through the whole game yet, it appears to try and math events in Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx novel. For example, in the instruction manual (oh, just wait til I get to that!), it lists a dagger that Indy uses to gather clues to the Emperor's Tomb, as referenced in the novels, as well as a cut scene that discusses the treasure in the tomb to be a giant pearl, an artifact that Indy gets away with in the book. Now on to the instruction manual... it's great! Like the standard epileptic seizure warning is typed on a "health board notice: safety advisory to travelers abroad" notice. When you get your copy of the game, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOUROUGHLY! There are some cool little tidbits. For example, there is a copy of a newspaper article, the edge of which appears to be curling up. If you look at the story on the back side, it says "...it is rumored that Indiana Jones, archaeologist, is connected with Josephine Baker, who is now residing in Paris." HHmmmmm... There's another little note in Indy's hanwriting that says, "Mei Ying [a female character in the game] has been teaching me calligraphy. I'd like to teach her a thing or two!" The list of neat snipits goes on and on, even a cool memo form Marcus on museum stationary about a certain "golden fertility idol" Marcus wants for his museum's collection. The writers even refer to Indy's bag as a "Mark VII satchel"! A great game with tons of attention to detail to make even this group of hard-core Indy fans happy!

Cheers,

Tyree

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com