Darth Jones' Spoiler Free X-Box IJET review

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 9:25pm :

Posted for Darth Jones:

Hey guys I'm sure you've read others comments on the game.  I haven't posted for awhile so I'll make this as satisfying as I can.  We have hopefully all played The Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis.  Those are the standard in my opinion for INDY games.  That's why so many people are afraid of a 3-D Indy how can you get it right?  Especially after the Infernal machine too primitive for Indy's standards and more TombRaiderish.  I've gotten to Chapter 4 (can't say where it is but its Hot and Wet And you might have a Toga Party)  Thats givin a lil away while being vague.  Getting back to why its pretty good.  The DETAIL!  It isnt all about puzzles (the first ones are freaking fun and easy if you scored a high JONES IQ in FATE)  Nothing is too terribly hard nor easy.  It's Just Right!  I gotta say also that the cutscenes are Spielburg material!  These scenes are of things you actually want to let Indy work on Autopilot and just sit back and enjoy seeing it.   You get a movie to watch and you do Indy's "Dirty Work" fighthing, shooting, whipping,etc in between.  So far, its gotten FRUSTRATING at times when you slip or something. Damn 3-D reality.  Never happened in Flatland with crusade and fate lol.  But, I always have went back for more and at least it never gets boring.  One last remark, I wish Indy would blurt out a lot more Sly remarks, the one he repeats in scenes which helps you out are pretty good but so far I've only heard the usual "I dont believe it....."  or Hmmm I wonder...  and some other remarks thatd be considered Spoilers if i posted them.  All in all I give this my HIGHEST approval for an Indy game.  It has tradition, it has traps, and it has Puzzles, and best of all ADVENTURE AND NAZI'S!  No freaking russians or thugee or crap.  FREAKING CLASSIC NAZI'S and of course assorted local bad guys who sided with  the Nazi's in WWII.  I'm not saying its the "best" Indy game etc. It sure ranks with them as an equal and is the BEST 3-D Indy by far.  Would actually make a good Indy 4.  Anyways thanks for reading my Comments.  

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com