Re: Indy ride dangerous? Heck, what isn't???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 12, 1999 at 07:36:37:

In Reply to: Indy ride dangerous? posted by Aimee on January 11, 1999 at 19:52:30:

: Did anyone see that story on "Extra" about the lady who received brain damage after getting off the Indy ride in Disneyland? She claims she felt perfectly fine before the ride and when she got off, she wasnt. She ended up going to the hospital and had 4 brain surgeries.They say the ride shook her head too much and caused some sort of scratch on the brain. She's suing Disney. They have also claimed Disney had received other letters about injuries caused by the Indy ride.
: I found the Indy ride to be the best amusement ride ever made....I didnt find it to be shaking my head eratically, did you?
: Aimee

I did indeed see that report, and though I feel badly for the lady involved because this kind of injury can and actually does happen to a lot of people, over all I feel that the list of people who love this world of litigation are lining up to sue whomever they can for ANY actual or perceived injury. We're becoming such a world of whimperers anymore that society seems to think the only way someone will be able to exist is to live their entire life in a bubble. Even then they should keep the phone number of the manufacturer of the bubble close at hand so if the air gets bad, they can be sued. This time of political correctness irks me, and continues to reinforce WHY I enjoy reading and watching history, and even fictional stories set in past time periods. No wonder we all care for Indiana Jones. He's a past that we've lost all due to the legal system and people's plan to make a quick buck, and it's power to drag anyone into court for what ever reason in order to save us from ourselves. I have experienced first hand locations that actually tremble when they do work for you in the fear of the law suit. No wonder society as a whole seems so much less that it was just 30 years or so ago. Sorry for this rambling, but this report hit a nerve. I appreciate you allowing me to vent. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]