Re: I thought that is the way it was?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rik Duel from slgol52p07.ozemail.com.au on January 13, 1999 at 13:23:49:

In Reply to: Re: I thought that is the way it was? posted by Quest on January 13, 1999 at 12:26:27:

We didn't see very much magic in Temple? Are we talking about the same movie here? There was almost more magic in Temple than in the other two combined! Seriously, in Raiders and Crusade the magic was confined to the final scenes involving the artifact, although they were generally pretty climactic magical events. But in Temple one of the first thingss we see on arrival at the Thuggee temple is Mola Ram pull the still beating heart straight out of the chest of his sacrifice. Then we have the blood of Kali and its effects and finally the 'you betrayed Shiva' scene involving the Sankara STone themselves (the climactic artifact scene of Temple)

I'm with Groo on this one. That line, "I don't believe in a lot of hocus-pocus" just doesn't fit with the rest of their continuity. Temple of Doom always bugged me for making the events of Raiders seem a little less significant because of all the over the top supernatural activity he had apparently already seen.

A little off-subject, and we've argued this point before, but I wouldn't mind seeing Indy chase an artifact with no supernatural power attached. Soething like the burial urn of Nurhachi or the Chachapoyan fertility Idol. I'm sure we can have a climactic scene without having to rely on supernatural forces.

Rik Duel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]