Re: Help with submissions!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deirdre Jones from ww-wc02.proxy.aol.com on February 19, 1998 at 11:38:09:

In Reply to: Help with submissions! posted by Gullyver Foyle on February 19, 1998 at 08:49:33:

: For some years I have had a good idea for a great Indy adventure... or so I think. Does anyone know how to make submissions to Lucasfilm? I've tried with Dark Horse and West End Games, but none of them are longer interested in Indiana Jones. And I really wouldn't like to see this good idea sinking... anyone could help me on this?
: Besides, I'd like to contact Mr. McGregor or any other writer involved with Indiana Jones. Again if anyone could give me e-mail adresss? Thanks in advance!

A friend of mine who is a good writer, sent in a submission to Lucasfilm Ltd., addressing the cover letter to Lucy Autrey Wilson. She enclosed an outline and the first three chapters of her story. (She made sure to have the story copyrighted first before sending it in.) This is what was returned as a response:

Dear Ms. xxxx:

The matieral you sent to Lucasfilm Ltd. has been forwarded to this office for a response. We appreciate your interest in ur company; however, because your correspondence may contain unsolicited creative ideas, we must return it to you unread. Accordingly, you will find your matericals enclosed.

Lucasfilm has a long standing policy of forbidding any member of the company from reading, reviewing or accepting unsolicited submissions or ideas. We hope you understand or need to consistently apply this policy.

We realize that this response may be somewhat discouraging; however, we do appreciate your interest in our company and hope you maintain your enthusiasm for our porductions. Thank you for your interest in Lucasfilm.

Sincerely yours,
Christopher E. Reggie, Esq.
Assistant Director of Business Affairs

So, as much as it would be great for everyone with a great Indiana Jones idea to have it submitted, it looks a little hopeless. I have a story also, but I'm having it done as a comic first, before I get the chance to show it to Lucasfillm Ltd.

Gullyver, I don't know what to tell you, but I can give you the address to Lucasfilm Ltd. if you email.

Good luck.

Deirdre

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: