The scoop on Diaries

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Darth Iquitous from puertopollo.lucasarts.com on January 14, 1999 at 12:19:50:

In Reply to: Why is the Grail Diary worth so Much? posted by CinemaKing on January 04, 1999 at 08:11:07:

I don't think the Diaries are worth as much as people are paying.
But also there are a lot of misconceptions about them.

First the version often sold on eBay is a second edition. First editions were square bound with glue and very few of those exist. Staple bound editions were the second prining and done be LucasArts (then Lucasfilm Games) to cut costs over the glue bindings.
3rd edition was staple bound but did not incude color interior and 4th editions are the gray cover that you mistook for a second edition.

The copy on eBay that went for $610 actually only sold for $300. The seller also sold a second copy to the second highest bidder for $300 as well.

My personal opionion: A square bound edition would probably be worth the $300 bucks. They are rare and the only licensed version of the Diary ever produced. Staple bound copies are likely worth $50 to $100 dollars. A lot of these were produced for a Western Digital OEM setup. In fact I know someone with 32 copies of the OEM. The other two editions (3rd and 4th printins) are still around in truckloads so I do not feel that they have any real aftermarket value.

Hopefully this factual information will stop the crazies from being suckered into the over inflated prices. Heck if you really want one Mail me and I will can try to hook you up with one for $100 through the lady I know.

D.I.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]