Re: Is Raiders the best film? I think so.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-wk024.proxy.aol.com on January 15, 1999 at 01:01:06:

In Reply to: Re: Is Raiders the best film? I think so. posted by Indiana Jerico on January 14, 1999 at 18:47:30:

:
: Personally, I'm not that very much bothered with how Indy was portrayed in each of the films. I've always considered it as
: showing a part of Indy...an aspect of him. I mean, the whole can't be complete without the parts, right?

: As for your comment on the music, I think you've partly discovered yourself why the music in
: each of the movie are being played as such. The Temple of Doom for Short Round, and the Last Crusade for exploring
: Indy and his father's relationship with each other.Each score reflects the theme for its respective movie. Till then.

: ---Indiana Jerico

Hello Indiana Jerico,

While you are right in thinking "the whole can't be complete without the parts", I think it is also true to say that the parts need to fit together in order to create the whole. The problem with each Indy portrayal, I feel, is that some of the parts we see contradict parts revealed in the other portrayals. The total sum of parts do not fit in harmony with each other, hence the rather disjointed overall character.

As for the music, I realise that part of the aim of each score is to reflect the characters and themes in the film. However, it is also the job of the score to reflect/enhance the excitement and pace of the film. For me personally, the Short Round and father/son themes I mentioned, actually have a negative effect on the excitement and pace of Temple and Crusade. That is why I am less enthralled watching these two films than when I watch Raiders.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: