Re: Lee Keppler

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 15, 1999 at 14:20:02:

In Reply to: Lee Keppler posted by Red Four on January 15, 1999 at 14:10:28:

: Has anyone ever dealt with this guy before? I heard mention of him in an earlier post and it sounded like he was not a good guy to deal with. I first heard about him years ago at a convention in San Jose, CA. Until I got online I thought he was the only source available for the original Indy items. Glad I found this site! Keppler was always very secretive and a little rude if you were just asking questions about something that he wanted several hundred dollars for (hat, whip, jacket). Guess thats why I never bought anything from him.

: Anyway I'm just curious if thats how anyone else found him to be.

: Or has anyone had a bad expierience with another dealer that they want to warn us about?

Good grief, that's a name I haven't heard of for years! I contacted him for a "catalog" that I found in a magazine, and received a xeroxed sheet with all the items listed. I thought it was a little pricey back then and never followed up. He listed the boots, bag, and fedora, but gave a post office box contact address in California. Needless to say, I just filed his ad away and moved on. Didn't know he was still out there stirring things up. By the way, glad you came in. There are a lot a great folks here that rather wheel and deal Indy than breathe. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]