Re: Lee Keppler

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn018-162.cybertours.com on January 15, 1999 at 15:38:01:

In Reply to: Re: Lee Keppler posted by Michaelson on January 15, 1999 at 14:20:02:

: : Has anyone ever dealt with this guy before? I heard mention of him in an earlier post and it sounded like he was not a good guy to deal with. I first heard about him years ago at a convention in San Jose, CA. Until I got online I thought he was the only source available for the original Indy items. Glad I found this site! Keppler was always very secretive and a little rude if you were just asking questions about something that he wanted several hundred dollars for (hat, whip, jacket). Guess thats why I never bought anything from him.

: : Anyway I'm just curious if thats how anyone else found him to be.

: : Or has anyone had a bad expierience with another dealer that they want to warn us about?

: Good grief, that's a name I haven't heard of for years! I contacted him for a "catalog" that I found in a magazine, and received a xeroxed sheet with all the items listed. I thought it was a little pricey back then and never followed up. He listed the boots, bag, and fedora, but gave a post office box contact address in California. Needless to say, I just filed his ad away and moved on. Didn't know he was still out there stirring things up. By the way, glad you came in. There are a lot a great folks here that rather wheel and deal Indy than breathe. Regards. Michaelson

Yup, he's still dealing in Indy stuff-only not so much anymore. I bought a jacket, shoes, and MKVII bag from him years ago, and received excellent, speedy service, and pleasant information from him. My wife just bought a headpiece to the staff of ra replica from him a year ago and that came rather quickly as well. I have often felt that he was unwilling to share info with me about where it was all coming from, but some stuff he shared with me. However, last January, before Wested had a website up, I was having a hard time contacting them for my friend who wanted a Raiders jacket and so my only option was to call Keppler and he said that he could indeed order one (after tacking on a little extra for himself in the cost of course). Well, since we saw no other option, we ordered and she gave him her credit card number. He billed the credit card in February. Well, she still hasn't gotten the jacket yet. I did contact Peter at Wested not long ago and asked him about it and he said no order had been taken. I got pissed and called Keppler and asked him (as politely as I could) what was going on with this. He said that he orders through Jerry-Peter's son-in-law. I emailed Peter and checked on the existence of such a person, and on new year's eve, I got a reply from Peter saying that lo and behold, at 4pm on New year's eve, right before the shop closed for the holiday, the phone rang and the voice of Lee Keppler was on the other end asking for Jerry, and an order was placed. I am confident now that my friend will get her jacket, but that was ridiculous. That is all I will say about Mr. Keppler and let you all make your own conclusions...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]