Re: Warning against scriptshack.com!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from spider-wn044.proxy.aol.com on January 16, 1999 at 22:50:48:

In Reply to: Re: Warning against scriptshack.com! posted by Bryan on January 16, 1999 at 19:07:42:

I had purchased the Chris Columbus Indy 4 script at a convention. When I enquired about the Indy 4 script by Chris they have listed, I asked them to make sure it was not the same one. They said that no, it was a new script about Atlantis. So I bought it. I immediately realized they hadn't bothered to check, because it was indeed the old Indy 3 "monkey king" script.

I requested a refund and they refused even though they admitted their mistake. No refunds whatsoever, were the words they used I believe. So potentially you could buy a script, pay for it and if they send you the wrong one by mistake you're screwed. I raised enough hell that they offered me a free script. I gave them my request
(The Green Hornet)and they never sent it. When I asked about it, they said oh sorry, we've just been too busy with real orders. Never heard from them again, except when they have a special deal going on.
I haven't bought anything from them since.

Another problem, I think they sold my e-mail address to a list service as I've begun to get all kinds of junk e-mail after having dealt with them.

beware,
walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: