Jack (GAAAGGGH!!!) Ryan

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Groo from ppp-207-193-187-46.kscymo.swbell.net on January 20, 1999 at 19:33:16:

Is it just me or are any of you ABSOLUTELY SICK of all the quotes from around the web telling us lies and overheard whispers about the possiblity of Indy IV? I mean come on surely someone of some kind of importance deeply involved with the careers of either Spielberg, Lucas, or Ford monitors this forum. If so I wish one of you would step up and give us the goods on whether or not a fourth installment of the series is REALLY in the works or not.
We are all foaming at the mouth at the possibilities of another film. Don't these people realize the kind of following they have created? A character who hasn't been on any kind of broadcast in almost six years and people like us are still talking about it.
I for one am sick of this emotional on again/off again roller coaster ride of nosensical horse dung. It really tests the resolve of any hardcore fanatic to leave something like this hanging open-ended. If it is going to happen, lets have some info, if it isn't then announce it.
I had it up to the gills Regards,
Groo

P.S. I have nothing personal against Clancy, I personally enjoy his novels, but so much is lost in adapting them into films. It totally ruins any preconceived notion of characters you form in your mind's eye when you have read the novel and then see some total idiot B-movie actor playing the role of a psychotic-genious villian. If they do make another Jack Ryan flick, and Harrison Ford goes that route instead of Indy, I hope that Jack will finally meet his maker to put an end to this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]