Re: MY THOUGHTS ON INDY 4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by arkraiderr from spider-wb052.proxy.aol.com on January 21, 1999 at 01:37:21:

In Reply to: MY THOUGHTS ON INDY 4 posted by ArkRaiderr on January 20, 1999 at 23:55:29:

: Well with the now recent news that there will be NO indy 4, i can't help but feel both extremely dissapointed, and also very angry. I feel this way cuz lucasfilm has always treated indy, and it's fans like dirt. Idont know why they do, but it still happens. I wish i kew why, I'd like to know why i felt the magic of indy more so even more than the force, i think i am just as good as the average staw wars fan. Treat us right! there is more to lucasfilm than star wars!!!!!
: I remember first seeig raiders as a child, it totally was amazizng! I thought to myself, ow there is a guy i would like to be when i grow up. I immediately asked my parents to buy me the figures, and the comic books, and got yelled at for wearing my easter dress hat ( a fedora).
: This was one of the tmes in my life that as i look back on, that was truly what one could call a "golden age" if such a thing is exists, that was it. I thought, breatyhed, played indy. had the atari game, the kener figures, the marvel comics, choos your fate, troll book special, story books, the list goes on and on and on.....\
: Ok when temple came out, i felt a bit different, well cheated actually. I could not believe then, and still do not believe now, that the indy from raiders, could have been even remotely the same pers on as the one depicted in temple. . (these reasons have been already discussed at length here in the forum, so i won't repeat itthese reasons now). The fact that tmeple was supposed to be a prequal, is tyhe main reason i think.
: anyway, while i was dissapointed i still watched temple over and over, basking in the fact that there is not one but 2 indy movies to watch.
: I was an indy fan, eve when there was that gap between temple and the last crusade. I remain ed a fan during this gap, when you couldn't give indy memorabilia away, when the average man thought indy a dead isssue.
: When i sat last crusade i said, AHA!!! there is the indy i know and love!! now that is the indy i saw go after the truck, the guy who shot the swords man, the guy who left his woman tied up in the tent to noit risk the ark. Even thought this movie was awespome, and the reviews excellent...again lucasfilm treated us like dirt...there were no new line of figures, no new books, cept the story book i believe, nope nuttin, nada. we are always doing studies here on the forum......what lighter is it, what type of shoes, brim size.......Waht someone should do a study on, is the ratio of manpower lucasfilm puts toward indy products vs. star wars product. Or the ratio of of advertising, , or the simple QUALITY of merchandise. I mean, you can get a replica prop , fully licensed, lightsabre , so accurate it cost like 400 smackeroos, but what do we get??? a cheap 37 dollar hat from the jawa trader. So on that note, I wish to say to lucasfilm most heartily...thank you for making us indy fans secondary citizens.......thank you for showig us you simply don't care. But don't get me wrong i love star wars, but han is just indy in outer space.

: rgeards and sorry if i bored anyone,

: Arkraiderr

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: