Let's not go hang ourselves just yet....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 21, 1999 at 09:48:50:

Slow down everyone. Let's look at what the hysteria is being based on, a rumor link written by someone who, from the email he received, is not exactly agreed with, and his rumors have no listed source as where this news came from. To put it bluntly, his own mail states he is full of, well, you get the picture. Now we do have direct quotes from Lucas, Ford, and Spielberg stating they want to do Indy IV from many news and internet services as well as a fellow forum eye witness, a script is out there, and we're told to stay tuned. Agreed, the statement was made without apparent enthusiasm from Lucas, but as the posting went, I agree with the idea that he's more interested in selling his new Star Wars trilogy than discussing a separate franchise of his. Can't sell tickets for his current offering by beating the drum on a future production. No money to made THAT way. So before you throw in the towel, or go out and burn effigies of the principal characters, take into account from where this news came from. I am not taking a stand one way or another as to whether or not Indy IV is a go or no go. I'm just saying I'm reserving any decision until I see something that I can hang my fedora on. To date, I just see another rumor monger stirring the pot to see how much stink he can create. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]