Wested the ONLY right move

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust242.tnt17.sfo3.da.uu.net on January 22, 1999 at 15:15:30:

In Reply to: Re: US distibutor of Raiders Jacket posted by Michaelson on January 22, 1999 at 11:03:13:

: : : : : : Today, being depressed about the latest Indy IV gossip which looks to be false, I surfed onto a site called indyjones.simplenet.com and took a gander at their forum. Included were several post by a person calling themself 'Travis, Nora and Einstein' saying they had found a distributor of Indy jackets in the USA, and not affiliated with Disney. There were several posts following the first, but this Travis guy never came up with the details for public comsumption. Does anyone reading this know anything about this distributor or if the poster is full of malarchy?
: : : : : : Looking for love in all the wrong places Regards,(what am I saying?!!?)
: : : : : : Groo

: : : : : ArkRaiderr actually came across a location that had a Raiders jacket shown that was a dead ringer for the Wested, but it was $375! I sent Peter Botwright an email with the web address, and asked him if this was his work, but have not received a reply yet. If it isn't his jacket, it's a twin. I'll try and find that email with the address. Regards. Michaelson

: : : : Check out www.usauthentic.com/indy.htm Regards. Micahaelson

: : : Have just heard, this is not a Wested leather representative. Regards. Michaelson

: : Of the same materials, and cut, it looks just as impressive, if indeed the picture is of their product, but without the custom fit, the price is too high. Plus, it's still not done by the original folks which is part of the fun of owning an Indy jacket. This is an interesting revelation on another source for Indy coats though.

: : Thanks

: : --nitzsche

: True, but word is that the picture on the link is a Wested. You're just not buying this coat that is shown. As usual, buyer beware! Regards. Michaelson

I figured as much, since the picture shows quite a masterpiece, that it had to be a Wested. Without further info, I would also discourage anyone from going this route. My wife is so thrilled with my Wested, she is constantly touching my sleeves and smelling the leather, complimenting on how I look in it...It is the definitive Indy Jacket, and girl magnet to boot! --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]