Re: THE RIGHT GLOVES

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C. Holbrook from qui2-183.dialup.accessus.net on January 22, 1999 at 18:22:03:

In Reply to: Re: THE RIGHT GLOVES posted by Groo on January 20, 1999 at 19:40:11:

: Do you have any verifiable proof that the Midwest gloves really the same gloves or not? If you don't, then my Wells Lamont $8.59 Wally-World specials are just as authentic as your $20-something over priced, just-buying a name Midwest gloves.
: It's kind of like comparing a Tauras and Berreta, basically the same gun only one is hideously over-priced because they are used in so many movies.
: Just a fly in the ointment Regards,
: Groo

You get what you pay for. The midwest gloves are designed for roping with comfort in mind. Midwest gloves are by far more comfortable than Wells Lamont.
I really don't think they are priced high because thay are in Raiders.
Remember only IndyFreaks like us would buy specific gloves because thay are in our favorite movie.
As for proof, you have to stare at shots of the film with a pair of the 850s in your hand.
The gloves have streaching effect that I have seen only in the Midwest 850s.
The Midwest 850s are also "short finger" gloves. Wells Lamont are not. This feature gives the user better grip and reduces slip, perfect for climbing rope or being dragged behind a truck.
The elastic band for the rist matches.
The and the stiching is, as best as I can tell, identical.
Since Raiders was made in 1981, the gloves are slightly different.
The movie's gloves are a little shorter in the cuff. Mine seem to be about 1/2 inch longer.
Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]