Temple of Doom Soundtrack

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indysolo from proxy-421.public.paix.webtv.net on January 23, 1999 at 07:09:12:

Hi all!

Last week it was announced that John Williams' score to Superman was being expanded for a late summer release on CD. Cues that weren't available before will now be released. That's good news and I'm looking forward to it. Recently a lot of his scores have been getting this kind of treatment and it's great. I know how excited I was when I got the expanded Raiders CD, and later on, the expanded Raiders LP. Now I think is a great time for the soundtrack to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to be re-released, expanded with additional music.

A lot of the score is on the current long ot-of-print CD, which can be bought as a Japanese import right now from the Star Wars Insider, but there is music out there that is not available, such as the all the music after the Mine Car Chase.

I hope some music executive somewhere is contempating this release (doubtful), but I think it is a great work that is being mis-treated by the lack of a complete, domestic issue.

What does everyone else think?

Neil

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: