Re: Raiders nitpick

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by raider from ppp01-330.algx.iadfw.net on January 23, 1999 at 18:19:56:

In Reply to: Raiders nitpick posted by red four on January 22, 1999 at 01:00:23:

maybe belloq was just trying to dissuade her from attempting any escape - its obviously a mistake, i doubt it would be written that way. and,indy tells Sallah to meet him at Omar's and to "be ready for me", but still Sallah would have had to leave quickly to set it up. Good points though.

One thing that bothers me every time i watch raiders is when indy finds marion in the tent. Her hair is all caught under her gag, but after he tells her "i'll be back to get you" the next shot shows her hair pulled back away from her gag.

: Two things here--

: When Marion is first untied and tries to run out of the tent, Belloq tells her that the desert is "three weeks in every direction". Then Indy steals the truck with the Ark on it and its only a few miles to town!
: (Also, how is the hiding place for the truck ready to go? I suppose Sallah could have gone ahead of the truck, but it feels like Indy left after the truck real quick after talking to him and Marion on that little hill)

: This one is small but has always bugged me:
: When the nazis that fall from the truck carrying the Ark are shown from the point of view of someone looking out the back, they are rolling towards where the truck just came from, rather than the direction its going. I'm wondering if this is an homage to the cheesy serials of the past or what? The stunt guys who did the rolling knew the proper way to go,I'm sure. (This scene has always brought me right out of the film, even more so than the bouncing boulder)

: The Indy movies are strange in that there are such obvious continuity errors, as opposed to the Star Wars movies which (so far) have very few.

: Bored yet? :-)> THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS FROM WATCHING TOO MUCH TELEVISION!!!

: Thanks for listening,
: John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: