YIJ and the Instruments of Chaos

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from ww-tq03.proxy.aol.com on February 21, 1998 at 13:47:19:

There is a missing entry on the video game guide that I think has been overlooked. Is anyone else out there familiar with The Instruments of Chaos "starring" Young Indiana Jones? Why this game wasn't just called Young Indiana Jones and the Instruments of Chaos I'll never know but it WAS made for the SEGA Genesis back in 1994.

This was in no way a brilliant game but it was much better than Indy's Desktop Adventures. (I'm still holding out hope for a Tomb Raider-esque Indy game)

Anyway, for anyone who wants to know what the game was about I've copied the box copy below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SAVE THE WORLD!
The Germans are building the ultimate doomsday machine--and only Young Indiana Jones can intercept the plans.

Maneuver YIJ through a hotbed of hoodlums. Blast your way through the opposition with your grenades. Fire your pistol at menacing Indian street thugs. The enemies keep coming!

Use your amazing bullwhip to find the secret entrance to the sacred temple. Leap onto the back of a charging elephant. Climb the cables of London's towering Tower Bridge. This action's intense!

Fire up for adrenalized adventures in the bazzars of India, the sands of Egypt, the mountains of Tibet, and more frighteningly realistic locations. Good luck--you'll need it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically the game took place in four locations, which you could go to in no particular order. It was not bad, and at the end you got to invade a secret German airbase to destroy the machine. The ending was easy or difficult depending on how many of the other missions you were able to successfully complete. You can probably pick this up cheap if you look for it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]