Re: Decieving The Blind

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 113.greenville-05-10rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on January 24, 1999 at 22:09:37:

In Reply to: Decieving The Blind posted by Mark on January 24, 1999 at 14:31:49:

: Has anyone read the posting on Ebay from that unfortunate guy who was taken for $190.00 on a Grail Diary? Well this guy has every reason to be pissed, I agree with him 100%!! People out there are selling these things as some kind of movie prop replica, which by all means they are not. It amazes me that they give such elaborate descriptions of a million different versions, getting right down to the smallest detail- which almost can be compiled in a book form on it's own. But they ALWAYS seem to leave out that one important factor- that it came with the Last Crusade video game! Yes, it IS an official item, yes, they are difficult to find, but in all actuality- it is only PART of an official item! Naturally they will tend to leave this part out of their description because it seems to 'cheapen' the item, detract from it's position of a 'prop replica', so to speak, detract from it's VALUE. Those who are unfamiliar with this fact are blinded by lavish descriptions of granduer of what is simply a game companion. Now that people are catching on to this fact(after being duped for their savings) maybe the book WITH the game will actually be harder to find and more desirable in it's complete form. I know some people will get pissed at this posting, but everything listed here is FACT, if your an Indy fan then you will agree, if it's all about the money, more power to you- but why not give a COMPLETE honest description of the book???

: Mark

---------------------------------------------
I saw one go for $600 on eBay! In all fairness, it was pictured and described for what it was. The bidding went up to $300 until the last few minutes, when it instantly jumped to $600. That's over two Westeds! Or one Wested and a Herbert Johnson hat! You gotta wonder.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]