Re: What School Does Jones...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 25, 1999 at 10:11:34:

In Reply to: Re: What School Does Jones... posted by auryn on January 25, 1999 at 09:29:58:

: I took the libertyy of going back to one of my old posts and cutting and pasting....
: Indy works in New York City, at least in LC. This is a huge
: inconsistency in the movies and books. Even though he has the same
: classroom in both Raiders and LC, and Marcus appears at both location,
: Raiders, the "plane" leaves from California and in LC, it leaves from
: New York. In the Raiders novelization that is adapted from the
: screenplay, it says that Indy works at Marshall College in
: ~Connecticut~. In the LC novel, no college is named but the location is given as New York City.

I believe that the point of departure on the maps just indicated what coast he was leaving from and not necessarily the location of the college he was teaching at. I'm sure this was done just to collapse time for the storyline, as there were no airline routes in the 1930's that left mid USA overseas, but all routes overseas routes such as the Pan AM Clipper in Raiders began at the coast and island hopped across the ocean, as did the DC-3 passenger routes across the Atlantic. It has always been interesting to me how many locations he has been appearing at for his teaching assignments, as all aspiring professors usually try to locate at a college long enough to gain tenure. His apparent job hopping wouldn't exactly make that possible. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]