The Indiana Jones Universe is dying!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Senor Palomar from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on January 25, 1999 at 11:14:21:

I think Indy has pretty much lost its feel. All you need to do is read a Fan Fiction Story - the feel isn't there. It has either too much fantasy-like stuff, such as (no offense to the author) Greg Hilderbrant's Indy 4, or too much action and not enough story, such as (in indy-world.com) Indiana Jones and the Sacred Dagger. In the eyes of the fans, since there has been no recent action in the production of Indy 4, Indy has lost its flavour.

And then we have the books. Well they've lost their flavour to. The whole Indy universe is collapsing, since we don't have anything to keep us alive except a few rumors which are out of whack. I mean, what do we get from Lucasfilm except a fedora and a few soundtracks? Come on! We need food to last on.

Indy 4, we keep hearing it's going to come. Well, just watch. Nothing has happened. Lucas is caught up in "Star Wars", Spielburg is just sitting around, and Ford is doing nothing except making another Clancy movie. We are starving and soon will die, unless we get Indy 4 or a series of television movies other than Young Indy.

Just my view on things,
Senor Palomar

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: