Re: 7 scenes I want to see

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from helios.kos.net on January 26, 1999 at 04:17:29:

In Reply to: 7 scenes I want to see posted by Sakis on January 25, 1999 at 14:16:06:

: As an Indy fan I've read many things about the Indiana Jones movies. Things that have to do with the making of the films. Like the cut scenes from Star Wars there are many scenes from the Indy films that didn't make it to the big screen. So here is the scenes that I want to see:
: - The Raven Bar scene from Raiders. Actually, I want to see the entire scene where Indy meets Marion for the first time. According to screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan this was the scene he was most proud of but only part of it made it to final cut. Although it was actually filmed Spielberg thought it would slow down the pace too much so he cut it out. I bet most of you have read the dialogue from the Third Draft of Raiders that's on the Internet, or you have seen glimpses from the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark documentary. Did you know that this documentary won an Emmy Award back in 1982 for Outstanding Informational Special?
: - The Submarine scene from Raiders too. This is the scene where Indy swims to the German U-Boat climbs up and mysteriously manages to reach to the secret german base. This scene too was filmed partially with miniatures.
: - The young German soldier who is ordered to kill Sallah, again from Raiders. For this scene they used german tourists. In the book The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark there is a photo of who congratulates the young tourist for his performance. Well, in the documentary we see that there was too much smoke in this scene and this is the reason they cut it but I still want to see it.
: - The great special effect of the sacrificial victim from Temple of Doom. The truth is that this effect was so great and so realistic that Spielberg found it to be too scary so he ILM to "cover" the victim with flames and smoke.
: - Indy and Marcus on their way to Venice, from the Last Crusade. I've seen two pictures from this scene. One picture is from a Harrison Ford biography by Robert Sellers titled "Harrison Ford A Biography" and the other from the Last Crusade storybook.
: - The scene with WWI german pilot, from the Last Crusade. In the comic and novel we see a WWI ace who helps a German secret agent locate the Joneses onboard the zeppelin. This scene was filmed too. There is a photo from it in the Last Crusade storybook.
: - Finally, a scene I want to see is a scene that has not been filmed yet. Since Harrison got dysentery and couldn't perform the confrontation between Indy and the Arab swordman, I believe this is something they have to consider for the next Indy film. We've seen many ways a whip can be used, mostly to leap gaps, disarm enemies, save dad... But a battle of the whip against a sword or any other weapon is just great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]