Re: Hey look, you can see my IP from here

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Acquest from ld48-231.lon.compuserve.com on February 22, 1998 at 07:21:30:

In Reply to: Re: Hey look, you can see my IP from here posted by The Northlander on December 10, 1997 at 16:10:48:

: : : In an effort to provide some authentication to posts, your host name will be printed next to your name. Beware of anything posted from sol.infonex.com. This is a site that guarantees anonymity to the poster and has been the source of many fake posts.

: : : BTW, yes I work at NASA. I may also post from an erols.com host. All others are imposters.

: : : Thank you,
: : : Micah

: : Excellent idea. I'm willing to go first and let mine be posted after yours. Nasa-Marshall? If so, I'm literally just up the road from you. Regards.

: I was hoping you'd do something like this Micah! Check out my real IP for what it's worth. You might also want to be somewhat wary of aol IP's, too! They don't always belong to the faker(s), obviously, but that's where the guy called "Nightmarish" used to post from quite often back on the AICN forum. Their IP's always change as they get assigned each time, so he couldn't really be banned from the site.

: Anyway, good work Micah. Everyone check the IP's and use common sense before you reply to a silly-sounding post!

: -Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]