Re: How did Indy do in Boy Scouts?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Oliver J. Box from ojbox.nexus.olemiss.edu on January 26, 1999 at 09:33:54:

In Reply to: How did Indy do in Boy Scouts? posted by The White Rider on September 30, 1998 at 20:16:51:

: In LC, if he's wearing any badges, I don't recognize any. Plus, I've never seen any YIJCs (alas). Anyone know his final rank or number or types of badges? Did he get anything for that Cross of Coronado escapade?

: -The White Rider-

Indy was, as indicated by the rank on his uniform in LC, a Life Scout.
Life is the rank directly below Eagle Scout. To get to Life takes serious commitment and dedication.
I'm an Eagle Scout, and to say that Scouts doesn't provide for individual thought or encourage anything that isn't by the book is ludicrous.
People who don't make it through tend to have a jaded or cynical view of what Scouting is, and they have no idea of the true value in Scouting.
Indy would've done very well in Scouting. Speilburg is an Eagle Scout, and an avid enthusiest of Scouting. His character of Indiana Jones
would've certainly been an Eagle Scout. Indiana represents what every Scout strives for, a man who does what is right and has many adventures.
A smart man, who isn't afraid to get dirty...A reniasaince man. This is what Scouting is All about, developing the whole man...the train young
boys to be soldiers and responsible citizens. By the book works in some troops, but my scoutmaster was an ex-Green Beret, so unconventional was
standard operating procedure. Indy was an independant thinker, and a bright one at that...scouting and thinking are not mutually exclusive.
Anyone who says otherwise, really doesn't know what Scouting is, and has no buisness in dafacing such a Holy institution.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]