Re: Forum Novel 2 - A New Beginning

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on January 26, 1999 at 11:59:06:

In Reply to: Forum Novel 2 - A New Beginning posted by Senor Palomar on January 26, 1999 at 10:52:44:

Senor,
I'm willing. I assume it will be a new storyline, new item, etc. In addition, however, I think some guidelines need to laid out. Hopefully, an honorable adherence to these will keep contributors from arguing. Let me know what you think of them. Also note any additions/deletions that need to be considered.

1) No one here that I know of is a professional fiction writer. Fun is the goal above all else, no matter the age or skill of the contributors. If someone is a professional, please keep in mind we are not and let us have our fun. Constructive criticism is great. All else is a waste of typing and works against completion of the project.

2) The forum novel should be open to anyone willing to submit a serious attempt at chapter.

3) No one here is the final arbiter of what is good and what has value. As in the first novel, if folks don't like where the story's going
or the 'feel' of a particular chapter, they should feel free to write their own and just maybe the story will follow.

4) All contributors should look at the latest chapter as a storytelling challenge, rather than a handicap.

5) Courtesy and encouragement should be our standards of conduct. It's the only way the thing will see completion as a group effort.

Anyway, if those sound reasonable to you or any others that would like to be involved, I say let's roll up our sleeves and get deep in the ink.

Two final thoughts: Knowing when to end a story is difficult in that each writer tends to want to continue the piece, and wrapping up plot threads and loose ends is tough with so many cooks in the kitchen!
Given this, we should keep each other appraised of when we feel like the story is getting near what feels like a resolution and come to an agreement on who's duty it will be to end the story. I think since you've spearheaded this latest attempt at getting a forum novel going, the honor should be yours. It may be something all the authors want to make suggestions for, but we can worry about that when the time comes.

Feel free to start the story whenever your ready (unless you want me to start).

walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]