Re: Batman sequels and Indy - some thoughts and questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip233-s06.inetnorth.net on January 26, 1999 at 17:10:05:

In Reply to: Re: Batman sequels and Indy - some thoughts and questions posted by Rik Duel on January 26, 1999 at 13:37:20:

:
: If we could guarantee that the films would stay at the same level of quality, then I wouldn't be opposed.

: But, like Seamus says, there's no guarantee of that. The Batman sequels have mainly been a platform for selling toys and other merchandising. If someone decided to market Indy like that, then the films produced would more than likely be crap.

: And for the record, I don't think Bruce Campbell could do Indy, except maybe for some wicked parody.

: Like the man says, Batman died after Burton and Keaton left. I can't see it being a great Indiana Jones movie without Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford.

: Rik

I agree wholeheartedly. Ford IS Indy, and that's the face I see when I see him in another role ("THIS is the guy who did Indy" I'm always thinking.)
Likewise, Speilberg IS the Indy director, and Lucas has got to have his company name on it. Otherwise, I just couldn't see it as Indy. Closeminded I may be called, but in that case, so be it. These are the guys who made Indy, and most people just couldn't see anyone else do it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]