Re: Last Crusade zippo prop

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from pool-207-205-149-64.dlls.grid.net on January 26, 1999 at 19:31:09:

In Reply to: Last Crusade zippo prop posted by red four on January 26, 1999 at 14:53:24:

: I looked at my "Best of Lucasfilm Archives" book today, to compare the Zippo being sold here on the Forum (I'm buying one very soon) to the actual prop. It had been a while since I looked, because I didn't realize that the prop wasn't painted white with a clover, but had white plastic cemented on it, with the clover painted onto that(plastic).

: Has anyone here on the Forum made their own replica this way? I've heard a lot about painting a lighter with acrylic paints to get the effect, but nothing about painting some plastic. Also the shell on the prop was not the same as the "clamshell" design that is popular on zippos now, such as the "lucky" or "luck" clover design, where the plastic shells are two seperate pieces per side, rather than one piece that has been cut in half as on the prop.

: Hope I've confused everybody! (wish I could post pictures)

: Also let me say that I really like the Zippo being sold on the forum, and am going to buy one as soon as possible. I'd like to thank Indy Magnoli (sp?) and Jason Hicks for the oppurtunity to buy such a cool collectible. I'm sure that it was quite expensive to print a series of custom lighters, and would have been even more so for a plastic design that does not match any of Zippo's current offerings. I'm glad that the lighter is affordable as well as collectible.

: I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the difference .

: No offense anyone-just askin'
: John

I remember on an earlier posting a while back, Indy Magnoli stated that he had the lighters custom made by Zippo. I don't own one myself, but I wouldn't think that the design is painted on, according to the way it sounded. I myself would like to hear from someone who actually owns one to know if it is.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]