Re: Indiana 4 is finished! release date unknown, maybe 6\99

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank from spider-tk051.proxy.aol.com on January 27, 1999 at 00:46:42:

In Reply to: Re: Is there any truth to the rumour of Indy IV and V being shot back-to-back? posted by TSL on July 30, 1998 at 23:23:28:

I work as a bartneder in an upscale LA hotel. On one occasion, not long ago, a big named actor came in and sat down to a scotch on the rocks. I will not name this actor, but I will say he is in the new movie and his former credits include a TV show and the movie "Pulp Fiction" As he drank he complained (as most customers do to a bar tender). He complained about the big movie he was doing and the director was being a so and so and the prop man had his head stuck up his you know what and I really wasn't paying all that much attention to the man, until he mentioned the title: Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Atlantas.
It seems the Steven Speilberg and Harrison Ford and others (I'll get to the all star cast in a minute) have been secretely working on this project for almost three months. The plot involves something about Indy finding the lost city of Atlantas and the NAZIs know where it is and it's a race much like "Raiders" or "The Last Crusade".
Now lets get the the rest of the cast, because this is by far the most interesting part. Indy is romaticly liked to a woman played by Demi Moore, his long lost daughter serfaces, and she is potrayed by Winona Ryder, Ralph Finnes is the bad Nazi and Denis Hopper is a bad American. Jack Nickholson is an American Navy man. Nicklaus Cage and Matt Damon are also in it, but the actor wasn't sure what they played, since he hasn't seen the entire script. Only Steven himself and Quentin Tarrintio (who re wrote it after Lucas F-ed it up) have seen the entire screenplay.
This promises to be the darkest instalment to the series and I have even heard that it may get an R rating (Steven forced Tarrintino to tone it down and re-write it four times) but even with the toneing down what has taken shape is a dark film, which, (acording to a man I knew who claimed to have been a grip on the set as they filmed the last scene)ends with Indy's suicide. What a movie! (I don't believe the grip, he is among the biggest crack heads I know, and I know quit a few)
So there is the story of the next Indiania Jones. It would explain why we haven't seen a film from Tarrintino in a long time, or from Demi Moore. Steven we've heard from but he is a great director who can always shoot a film with in scheldel and with in budget. Everyone else in the cast has had just enough lull time in their carrers to shoot a few weeks on this film. All the shooting was aprently done in secrete, becuase Speilberg wants to have a mid-summer blockbuster up his sleeve (I bet this movie outgrosses that dumb boat movie from last year in two weeks) to compete with Star Wars.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]