Temple of Doom, obious mistakes

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Seamus from p153.as2.exs.dublin.tinet.ie on January 28, 1999 at 11:47:52:

I was just watching T.O.D. last weekend and I couldn't believe the number of simple mistakes.
Here are a few:
1. when Indy is fighting the two swordsmen he uses his whip to remove the sword from one of the mens hand, it appears to go over the cliff, but in the next shot he is seen firmly holding the sword!

2. When Indy and Big bearded slave driver are battling on the conveyer belt: Indy is in so much pain because of the Vodoo magic that he cannot fight back, His head comes so close to the stone crusher that the rim of his hat is almost touching it, yet when he recovers after shorty takes out the pin he is at least 2 meters away, giving him plenty of time to get away!

3. The models on the mine car chase are very obvious!

4. Look closely at the scene when the Slave Driver throws Indy into the mine car (while shorty is trying to whip him) you will see that that is quiet obviously a dummy.

5. After Mola Ram has met his death, when Indy is climbing back up the rope bridge while having tons of arrows fired at him, we see him with his shoulder bag around his shoulder in perfect condition, after it had burnt up and the stap broken.

6. Towards the closing shot when Indy and co. are heading back to the village, Indy still has his bag, but in the next shot it is gone.

&. Also another minor detail about this scene, Indy's right sleeve is intact!

7. Harrison Ford can be seen flinching just before he and Kate Capshaw are sprayed by water at the end!

8. One very important one that I can't believe ILM overlooked: on the mine car when Shorty is being streched between both carriages he appears to be elastic, stretching about 6 feet (the miniature model of course!)

However I don't want to critizise the movie too much, but these were careless mistakes probably caused by time pressure (as all the scenes shot on each location were shot at once, explains the bag at the end)

The closing shot of Temple is one of the very best in the Trilogy, Shorty is covering his eyes as the camera pans back between Indy and Willie kissing!

Regards
Seamus

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: