Re: Wells Lamont Style 1123

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-48-254.ispmodems.net on January 28, 1999 at 13:53:53:

In Reply to: Wells Lamont Style 1123 posted by Groo on January 28, 1999 at 11:04:52:

: Just got off the phone with Sam Walton's ghost and he said that the Wells Lamont gloves #1123 - which are almost an exact match to Indy's gloves are available at almost all Wal-Mart stores(except in the town where Red Four lives)for about $12 bucks. Oh, and the only shipping and handling fees you well have to pay for is your means of transporting your behind to and from the store. You can also actually, I..just cant believe it, TRY THE BLASTED THINGS ON before you buy them to ensure a good fit, or you could order some custom made hand-covering devices from the finest maker of such items in all of Italy.

: Ever heard of over-kill fellas? Regards,
: Groo

There is a Wal-Mart near to where I live, and I have owned many pairs of Wells Lamont gloves that I have been very happy with. Have you ever worked in a pair of Buckskin gloves? Very comfortable, and more water resistant! Did I mention I've owned many pairs of Wells? Darn, I thought they'd last forever. I've also owned many pairs of gloves from Ace hardware, from K-mart, and most of them were real close to what we see in the film. Not suprising, seeing as how the gloves are very hard to see even in still pictures. I've had Wells gloves get holes in them the first day I wore them.

The thing that bothers me is why do people hassle the guy at Wested leather? A regular bomber jacket is close enough, no reason to hassle that guy. And then the people want the jacket in a certain style from a certain movie. Who cares if the collar is bigger or smaller or if the length is longer or shorter? And why does he offer a choice of leather? So what if one is softer then the other? So what if one is exactly what they had in the movie, and one isn't? And don't get me started on that zippo, which is real close to the movie, but costs forty dollars, when there is a "clover" style put out by zippo that goes for $20. Not to mention just painting the $15 zippo yourself. And brown fedoras just ain't that hard to find.

I would buy the buckskins over cowhide if I could afford it, and here we're talking about maybe TEN DOLLARS extra a pair. OH NO! RUN FOR THE HILLS! If the people on the forum want a better glove for just a little more money, who cares? Except Groo?

WRITING IN CAPITALS MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE YELLING
John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: