Re: Indy's pocket knife

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 203-96-104-157.dialup.xtra.co.nz on January 28, 1999 at 14:21:05:

In Reply to: Indy's pocket knife posted by red four on January 28, 1999 at 00:37:30:

: I read some of the old posts regarding Indy's knife and couldn't find if the matter had been settled as to what the make and model was.

: Does anyone know for sure?

Michaelson and I have been working on this one. Michaelson's source says it's a Case brand. After watching the scene frame-by-frame it looks to me like a German made knife (Case is American). The stag used on the handle looks like the sandbar stag used by German makers. We can't even seem to agree as to how many blades it has.

This is what we know for sure: it has double silver bolsters, at least one non-locking blade, and a stag handle. We'll keep you up to date to any new discoveries.

: I can get pocketknives wholesale... The mark-up on most knives is 100% which is crazy.

Knives, as with many retail items, are keystoned. (The wholesale price is doubled to make retail). Most places on the internet, however, sell at about thirty percent below retail. That is ridiculously low. Paying sixty dollars for a knife that the store paid thirty for is perfectly normal.

Kind regards,
Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: