Re: I admire the real big Indy fans

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from pool-207-205-237-216.dlls.grid.net on January 28, 1999 at 23:07:10:

In Reply to: I admire the real big Indy fans posted by LFM on January 28, 1999 at 18:48:53:

: I just have to say that I admire all of the people that have been the big fans of the Indiana Jones trilogy, from the first to now. You bought the books, the video games, the clothes, I mean everything. All of us on the forum love the Indy films, but the people that are in the category above should really be congratulated for knowing something good when they saw it.

Are you talking about the people who bought all the merchandise as it came out? I regretfully never bought any of it, including the Star Wars merchandise(with the exception of the first poster when the movie premiered). I grew up with the big Mego and Hasbro toys, I remember seeing the newer smaller action figures and thinking they were such a rip-off. All the merchandise looked so cheap to me at the time compared to the older merchandise, I suppose it was just because I was getting older. From that point I just concentrated on the movies themselves, but now that I have kids I've been given a second chance, I'm totally blown away with today's merchandise and especially the games. I guess I could say that I was too old to collect the Indy stuff at the time, and too young to know better!

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]