Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew Vielkind from spider-wg031.proxy.aol.com on January 29, 1999 at 20:09:17:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by genius on January 20, 1999 at 17:59:59:

Saving Private Ryan is the most realistic war movie ever made. Do you have any clue of what happened that day on the beaches. History would call it D-Day, the attack involved 3,000,000 men, 11,000 planes and 4,000 ships. Some men died before they even got of the boat. It was one of the most important battles of WWII. There is no way that you could make that decision without seeing the movie. What did you expect, a stupid cartoon?! Spielberg showed all of the graphic images of that day on the beaches of Normandy. The movie was very graphic, as it should be. They showed a guy with his guts sticking out. Titanic was a very bad movie. It had no point. I almost walked out in Titanic. The whole movie was about Leo. They barely showed any of the real details. That movie was a fake. Saving Private Ryan was the best movie I ever saw. Saving Private Ryan should win best picture, best director, best screenplay, and many more. Spielberg made the movie as a documentary. He used old cameras. You can't really tell. He wanted the audience to feel like they were actually on the beaches. War will always be graphic. My eight-year-old cousin saw Saving Private Ryan, and he didn't seem to mind it. People got there heads, arms, and legs, blown off that day. Many were dead. The water was crimson. I can't believe you can't sit throught a three hour movie. The real heroes of Saving Private Ryan were the extras in the movie that died on the beaches. The movie had great war realism besides the graphic images. The movie showed the vomiting soldiers on the boats, and the scared soldiers on the beach. Saving Private Ryan did not give me nightmares. I know a lot of people who saw Saving Private Ryan and it didn't bother them. Saving Private Ryan was a great drama film. It really bothers me that nobody in your family will go see it. I thought it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I encourage you to go see Saving Private Ryan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]