Re: INDY IV and V

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip230-s09.inetnorth.net on January 29, 1999 at 21:38:22:

In Reply to: INDY IV and V posted by Christopher Cochrane on January 29, 1999 at 03:46:36:

: A great idea for the next installment of the Indiana Jones movie series, would be to do the same thing that was done with 'The Empire Srikes Back', and 'Return of the Jedi', where the the story and the characters reech a BIG PROBLEM, and the situation gets resolved in the next movie. That would be great with Indiana Jones, since George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are good at concluding stories in the next film, most notably the 'Star Wars' and 'Back to the Future' Trilogies.

: Indiana Jones IV, will have the Nazis, or whoever the bad guys are, have some sort of victory over Jones, his Dad, Sallah, etc..., and will have the object of the film in their hands (a stone or jewel, or whatever it will be).

: Indiana Jones V, will have the situation resolved, with Jones and Sallah coming up with a plan to beat the bad guys. That would be cool. And besides, the number '5' is a nice round number to have for a series of Blockbuster movies.

: Lets hope Spielberg, Lucas, Marshall and Ford see this, and come up with not one, but two new installments in the Indy series.

Not a bad idea, but it's just not Indy. Every Indy movie is shot as the end of an adventure. It's true Raiders was the most inconclusive, but you still get the feeling "this adventure is over. What else will our hero do?" and leaves it up to the viewers. The movies are a slice of Indy's life, I believe, not a continuing saga of a single adventure. LC was placed only two years after Raiders, but one can definitely see an 8 year age in Ford. These aren't supposed to be one leading to another. At least, that's not how I see it. You may disagree, but I like viewing each adventure as if it's the last, not getting a feeling like I'm being gypped into watching another movie. That was a common complaint with the loose ends of Back to the Future part 2. And as for the Empire leads, well, it was a money making idea, admit it. Probably the best done money making idea yet, but still a money making idea.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]