Re: Temple of Doom

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben, friend of Indy from integrityonline30.com on February 17, 1999 at 10:18:13:

In Reply to: Re: Temple of Doom posted by Short Round on February 15, 1999 at 22:29:58:

: My fav part in the Temple of Doom was when Shorty and Indy were playing cards and Willy is running around screaming. That part is so funny! I am glad to hear that such young people like the Indy movies. It seems like nobody my age really gets into the movies like I do. I am 19. The first Indy movie I saw was The Last Crusade. I was hooked after that. I was 10 I think. Carry on!
: ~Short Round
: : :
I liked that card scene too!! Yeah, they were arguing over Indy cheating, and then Indy spots the Ace of diamonds up Shorty's sleeve, and then they start arguing over each other
cheating, and Willy was running around. Speaking of that scene, didn't that bat that Willy grabbed look totally fake?
And I loved the elephant too, and I loved the music when we first see the elephants. Oh, and remember the part where Indy found the passage and Shorty came along, and Indy told Shorty to stay behind him and step where he stepped, and I think Shorty said something after that, and Shorty stepped on the button on the floor, and the two skeletons popped out (ew) and Shorty said something along the lines of: "I stay behind you, I step where you step." That was funny too!

: I finally saw Temple of Doom!!! I thought the dinner and dessert scene were hilarious! I loved it when Willy fell back in the chair when seeing the monkey brains, or was that the eyeball soup? Weren't the fight scenes with Shorty funny too? I loved the karate part, and when Shorty was mimicking the punches that Indy were doing to pull on the Maharajia (sp?). And do you know what's really amazing? I can actually watch the main villain meeting his doom (no pun intended). Hey I'm 8, cut me some slack. Please give me your opinion.

: : Finally there's someone on here younger than me! I'm 14. I think I was the youngest on here. I felt so naive. I didn't see any of the movies until I was about 10. I first saw Temple of Doom and then wanted to see the others. All the scenes you mentioned are great. I liked the elephant thing a lot too. The way it always sprayed Willie. You sound pretty smart for being an eight year old. I didn't talk like that when I was a kid;-)

: : LFM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]